Whats top2bottom?

Welcome to our blog! We are three guys from Yorkshire and this site is going to document our cycle ride from the top to the bottom of the UK, John O'Groats to Land's End.

John O'Groats is the most North Easterly point of Scotland, and Land's End is the most South Westerly point of England.

Jonny Woolsey, John Green & Andrew Martin will be pushing down on the pedals and starting the wheels rolling on the 26th July.

To sponsor:
Jonny & John supporting 'Neurosurgical Research' please visit : www.justgiving.com/top-2-bottom

Target: 9 day's

Thursday 5 August 2010

N E W Q U A Y

Hello people!
I'm on holiday now! It was always the plan to goto newquay for boardmasters as soon as we finished! Instead of going direct lands end we went 19 mikes out of our way to Newquay, it's only 30 miles from lands end! And due to practicalities were not doing that last stretch until we have somebody that can bring our bikes back from lands end! The finish post will come!

Then me n jonny were cycling along together with about 30 miles to go and jonny got a puncture! We had an update from newquay that andy had arrived demoralising!

Anyway I stopped with jonny to fix his puncture he then said I'll put my panniers on while u cycle off it will give a target to aim for! So I did as fast as I could because I know how fast he is! And I knew he would catch me!

10 miles in and I couldn't see him! I phoned him! He said: I got another puncture straight after ad I have no more innertubes! So I said I will leave a pump a spare innertube and a tyre under the Bodmin sign!

I tucked them all up neatly and made a nice big arrow out of stones! Then I set off again on a mission promising
Myself I will not stop until Newquay! Only 19 miles to go!

200 miles completed with NO SLEEP and I arrived at Newquay! 70 yesterday and 130 today! So 130 with no sleep actually! It was 11.10 pm

As soon as I got to Newquay I made the guys call jonny to check his safety as I knew he was walking 10 miles in the pitch black on a very fast road through the Bodmin moors!

When we got through to him he said: I've just got to the Bodmin sign and found the rescue kit! Do u know how many Bodmin signs they are man????? He then said I'm just going to pitch up here and cycle
In the morning, although all these shadows are worrying me, what if re
Bodmin beast Comes? We assured him that it's a myth a black panther is loose up there get to sleep!

So Me n andy were all tucked up this
Morning when jonny phoned to say the police have just woke me up and setting off to Newquay now!

So that's it, I'm signing off now! Sat on my board checking out the surf in front of me, the sun is booming the girls are sunbathing and the lads are out there in the sea enjoying the surf! The trip
Has been epic glad u followed and stay tuned for the final Post at lands end! But for now I'm going to enjoy my holiday!

Ciao






- Posted from my iPhone


Location:Truro,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment