Whats top2bottom?

Welcome to our blog! We are three guys from Yorkshire and this site is going to document our cycle ride from the top to the bottom of the UK, John O'Groats to Land's End.

John O'Groats is the most North Easterly point of Scotland, and Land's End is the most South Westerly point of England.

Jonny Woolsey, John Green & Andrew Martin will be pushing down on the pedals and starting the wheels rolling on the 26th July.

To sponsor:
Jonny & John supporting 'Neurosurgical Research' please visit : www.justgiving.com/top-2-bottom

Target: 9 day's

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Jonny Blogging off!

Firstly! Just a Pic to sum up the epic event!



Well since John and Andy have both blogged out I thought I’d better get on it! I can’t be the odd one out! can I?. You guys are nearly making a tear come to my eyes with your thank you’s, however you’re both spot on! It has been great cycling with you both, amazing memories and lots of laughs! I’ve been sat hear reading your highlights laughing to myself, each highlight has a great story behind it and can’t wait to share them with everyone.

I just want to take this opportunity to personally thank some individuals that have made this experience so enjoyable and worthwhile for me.

SO THANK YOU!

Family & friends for sponsoring us
Ma & Pa Woolsey for panniers, lights etc.
Mark Cooper for the slicks (got me over half way)
Peter Green for flapjack and Vanilla slices to die for
Chinese Man for taking our picture at John O’ Groats
Bodmin Police for letting me sleep a few hours longer
Glasgow Lady for advising us to get the hell out of the centre of Glasgow!
Inverness Girls for finally thinking and giving our flags back
Asda for the £10 tent
Weatherspoons for the free half pint of Lemon beer
Glasgow Fireman for lending me your vice
Penzance Postman for going out of his way to get our bikes posted home
Newquay crew for cheering us on and setting up the tent
The Wade’s for taking our panniers home
Jess Wade for taking us home (sorry for the snoring)
John Green for blogging and camera duties
John, Andy, Jess, Charlotte, Ross, Oly, Mark, Danika, Seasick Steve, Faulkner for a great after party!




Also I would like to say SORRY TO:

Pop’s for snapping your bike in half (it was 20 years old!)
Andy & John for having to put up with me
Bodmin Police for camping under the traffic sign
Andy for putting you in the highest gear to get up the biggest hill ever
Everyone for the snoring
Andy and John for persuading you to rub lemon all over yourselves
Crazy Newquay Stalker Girl for hiding and running away from you


I think all three of us deserve a big pat on the back, John I am sure Debbie will be full of respect for you! Well done! And everyone watch this space! WE WILL BE BACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment